In this episode of WTFDIJR, Chris and Dani are uncovering:
- Welcome to the 1st LIVE session of WTF Did I Just Read?!
- Ramping down on conferences before ramping back on up
- Thoughts on the 1st ever Black Hat MEA
- Dealing with emails during and post-conferences
- The teardown
- The buildup
- Live questions:
- If I know exactly what someone’s tech stack is, the solutions they use, and the problem with those solutions - is there an educated way to send out a good email to talk about complimenting, replacing, or consolidating those solutions?
- Is there a non-douchey way, following an incident, to present a solution that could be beneficial given the incident? Is there a way not to chase the ambulance in a disgusting way?
- Why do you think that the vendors are so slow to move and do you think they're just not listening on the executive level?
- What do you think someone in my position, as an account executive, might be able to do to make it better?
- Many of us are selling the same services and solutions. What makes you consider one company over the other offering the same services?
- Typically after shows I'll follow up with attendees whom a colleague or I spoke with at the show where we've mutually shared contact info and actually discussed our solution or they showed true interest. But the issue I'm seeing is that I get crickets afterward. I'd love to hear from CISO's perspective why that would be, because we got the interest, we got the okay to contact them directly and I'll give them the out within the email so they can tell us no without any pressure. But since I don't get feedback, I'm unsure of other possible reasons.
- A small take on the perception of what’s free and not free
Subscribe to our email list to get notified when a new episode drops: https://wtfdidijustread.com/
Victim of a crappy marketing or sales message?
Quickly and easily submit an ineffective email, social media post, website landing page, event message, or digital ad to 📧 email@example.com. We will provide an alternative and better approach live on the show.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.